How I create things in my kiln, and what eventually happens to what I create...

Glass goes in the kiln, and glass comes out, quite altered! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what happens in life.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

 I have built a stained glass window to fit in a transom above a front door. The house is a Victorian shotgun style in Louisville, KY.

A window this long and narrow needs reinforcement in several places. I used my rebar bender to curve zinc rebar to fit the design, and then soldered the rebar to the lead in several places. I am caulking around the lead lines using Dap window glazing compound, and then cleaning the surface with whiting to remove left over caulking. I will let the window sit overnight until the caulking hardens, and then I will take a sharpened stick and remove any overflow extending past the edges of the lead.





No comments:

Post a Comment