How I create things in my kiln, and what eventually happens to what I create...

Glass goes in the kiln, and glass comes out, quite altered! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what happens in life.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

My latest attempt at bowl making failed.  Cracked down one side during cooling.  Could it be that I am not supposed to slump on the outside of the mold, only on the inside?  This one was a Miro style design on clear glass, using glass paint and different colors of frit to make a cubist painting in primary colors.  Once it fused it looked like it had been done by a 3 year old, in crayon!  Nice if you like that sort of thing.  Frit is hard to work with.  It is crushed glass, the consistency of sugar granules, which goes everywhere when you sneeze!

1 comment:

  1. Keep on trying! Btw, Margaret and I got you a little present from Arizona. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete