How I create things in my kiln, and what eventually happens to what I create...

Glass goes in the kiln, and glass comes out, quite altered! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what happens in life.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Crashing boar?

I thought I was going to work on etching glass this week. Somehow this boar got in the way and I ended up painting him (or her) on glass and then he/she landed on a 9" x 12" x 1" plate. Boar isn't just for Thanksgiving anymore.

I used Glassline paint this time, instead of the usual Reusche brand because I wanted to get on with etching and get the boar out of my head. I sandwiched 90 coe cobalt blue frit between two pieces of 90 coe clear, the top layer of clear was painted. Fused all of it in one firing at 1460 dF and then slumped it into a plate mold at 1260 dF.

$50.00 for the perfect Christmas gift for the hunter in your life. Can you say NRA?

No comments:

Post a Comment