How I create things in my kiln, and what eventually happens to what I create...

Glass goes in the kiln, and glass comes out, quite altered! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what happens in life.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rain rain go away!

I ordered a humongous kiln the other day--one with an inside length of 41.5" and width of nearly 24".  Where it goes when it arrives, I've no idea.  I'm excited, though!  Think of all the platters and plates and vases Oh MY!  Today I'm working on a ring drop vase using the multi-color plaid pattern I used for the candle holders.  This should be really interesting as the plaid will morph out of shape as gravity and heat pull it to the bottom to land against a flat surface.  Glass really IS an amazing thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment