How I create things in my kiln, and what eventually happens to what I create...

Glass goes in the kiln, and glass comes out, quite altered! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what happens in life.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Theory of Gravity Bowl


Phil said, "That's one huge black hole!"  I said, "Yes.  It is.  I wanted to see what one looked like."  "You can't see them," he said.  I replied, "Sure you can.  Look at this one."

This bowl was made out of 90 COE Bullseye black irradiated ripple glass.  The design was made with finely ground, multi-colored frit and Glassline Pens.  I fused the frit and Glassline colors in one 1465 df firing, then added the brightly colored glass beads as an after thought.  I tack fired the beads at 1300 df.  The third firing was to slump the glass, at 1265 df.  

Price:  $250.00 (it took a lot of man hours!)

2 comments: