How I create things in my kiln, and what eventually happens to what I create...

Glass goes in the kiln, and glass comes out, quite altered! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what happens in life.

Monday, July 25, 2011

"Sunrise at Big Bear Lake"

 I finished cutting the interior panel glass today and will paint the detail on the boulders (gray glass lower left) once the Reusche paints I ordered arrive.  I can go ahead and outline the rocks, but the colors I want to use for lichen, shading, etc., are not only umber and black...they are faded teal green, dark mossy green, and pale yellow mixed with a tinge of green.  The perimeter glass is a very pale Spectrum caramel and white swirl, and the corners will be Uroborus mottled dark teal swirled with dark green and pale teal.  My one fear is that when I start foiling the pieces, the dimensions will change (and yes, I used foil shears to cut out the pattern) because no matter how careful I am cutting out the pieces, my windows seem to grow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment