How I create things in my kiln, and what eventually happens to what I create...

Glass goes in the kiln, and glass comes out, quite altered! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what happens in life.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Update on bathroom medicine cabinet



The client wants to re-design the cabinet door front.  After we got completely through the design process and he signed off on it I began buying and cutting glass.  The client's wife wants boulders in the design.  I said it would cost more money since I have to buy boulder-like glass, and the only place I would be willing to put the boulders is where the butterfly is right now.  Could be a fortuitous event.  I like where I put the tree, and I like the glass I used for it.  I like the shadows playing on the tree trunk.  Do you see the lenticular clouds on the right hand side?  Above the tree?  Glass is cool that way.  I'll put in the other tree tomorrow.   Tonight I worked on painting the bear's head with glass paint.  Argh!  Painting on glass is hard!          


No comments:

Post a Comment