How I create things in my kiln, and what eventually happens to what I create...

Glass goes in the kiln, and glass comes out, quite altered! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what happens in life.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Medicine cabinet door panel is finished AND IT FITS!!!

Oh My Gosh!  I soldered the panel and lo and behold, it fits inside the medicine cabinet door frame.  I had to adjust several pieces to get there; and after lots of hard work the piece is finished.  Below are some pictures (of course).

soldered, with light behind it
with no light behind it
It's framed!  Yippee!
It looks entirely different from the backside.  It's really interesting to use the "wrong" side of glass facing the viewer.  The first mountain in the lake is actually wrong-side-out.  The right side has small glass stringers imbedded in it, which gives the hill an interesting texture.  The "wrong side" is what I used facing the viewer when the door is shut.  I liked the color scheme better.
view from the backside of the glass

2 comments:

  1. Looks Awesome!!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man how good is that!!! Just amazing, so glad you are sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete