How I create things in my kiln, and what eventually happens to what I create...

Glass goes in the kiln, and glass comes out, quite altered! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what happens in life.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Not glass this time

Today I watched a video on wire wrapping, a skill I needed to improve when making jewelry. I got a lot out of it.

Here are some pictures of a necklace I made using a matte polished agate piece wrapped in sterling half hard round wire, strung on thin, stiff drape sterling wire, which I then attached to a sterling "wiggle wire" collar. I used small sterling paddle eye pins for extra visual interest and wrapped the loops together with thin gold wire.



My mom painted the oil painting I used for the backdrop.  She was such a good artist!


I think this looks very Victorian.

No comments:

Post a Comment