How I create things in my kiln, and what eventually happens to what I create...

Glass goes in the kiln, and glass comes out, quite altered! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's what happens in life.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A.V. Cabinet finally has a door.

Finally, the audio-visual cabinet is finished. What was once a laundry closet is now full of A.V. equipment and the door is installed.  Does it look familiar? It should! You have been part of the construction. If you are anything like me, finishing a project brings huge satisfaction. The fish give a tactile perception because of the raised the painting on the scales and the slickness of the glass. Did I mention that I'm glad this is finished?
Phil made the door for it last weekend. I spent today filling the holes with wood putty and priming and painting it today.  Did I tell you that I'm happy it's finished?
Phil looks rather small compared to the panel...maybe the photographer is a little biased. So much concentration in one spot nearly caused an electrical black-out. Frankly (did I already mention that I'm very glad this is finished?) it looks good. I don't have to worry about the panel getting damaged (I think it's even earthquake proof).

1 comment: